RECTOR KOCAYUSUFOĞLU PARTICIPATED AT THE EUA 2018 ANNUAL CONFERENCE IN ZURICH, SWITZERLAND
The Rector of International Balkan University, Prof. Dr. Ismail Kocayusufoglu participated at the Annual Conference of the European Universities Association (EUA) entitled “‘Engaged and responsible universities shaping Europe’, which was held at the University of Zurich, Switzerland on 5-6 April 2018.
The 2018 EUA Annual Conference discussed the universities’ pivotal role in generating knowledge, developing intercultural understanding and fostering civic engagement through their core missions. It addressed issues like:
- the role of public policies driving universities’ social responsibility and engagement,
- social inclusiveness and diversity in higher education,
- higher education beyond the traditional cycles: lifelong learning and employability,
- scientific integrity and ethics in European universities,
- Sustainable Europe: What role for universities, etc.
International Balkan University is an Associate Member of the European Universities Association (EUA), the largest network gathering more than 850 universities from 47 different countries.