CODES OF ETHICS
– Turkish Studies-Information Technologies and Applied Sciences Journal ethically accepted the doctrine of impartiality and scientificness by presenting the works that have been complemented with these criteria at the same time propounds to the welfare of the academy and the people around the world. In this context, journal-author-referee-reader is expected to act in the light of ethical rules. According to this; The ethical responsibilities of the stakeholders stated below are as following:
–The originality of the study, should have contribution to the field and at the same time adequate, necessary background and literature study is preferred.
-Before the stage of publishing of a study that was subject of plagiarism screening, the author will have to take care of the consequences if plagiarism is detected.
-The work submitted for publication shouldn’t be submitted to more than one journal at the same time, since the work is recorded in the journal system, the copyright belongs to the Turkish Studies-Information Technologies and Applied Sciences Journal. Otherwise, another article belonging to the same author is inacceptable for the publication and according to the code of ethics the journal can initiate legal proceedings by the reason of not being adhere to the certain ethical rules. However, if a journal is published in our volume and its convenience in a certain field is accepted by majority can be re-published in another journal`s special issue-book with permission from the Turkish Studies-Information Technologies and Applied Sciences Journal.
– Other authors mentioned in the article are expected to contribute equally as partners in the article otherwise is considered as adverse of scientific ethics whatever the reason is.
-The author is responsible for the commitment to comply with all the rules of the journal from the moment the author submits his work.
-References and bibliography must be complete.
– All of our authors are obliged to know the guidelines of the ethics policymakers on the field both in the world and in our country – the Scientific Research and Publication Ethics Directive mentioned in the Council of Higher Education. Otherwise, the author is responsible for any legal problems.
-It is the responsibility of the referee to determine whether the study is scientific and contributes to the field. In this context, the referee is expected to report the study in light of the scientific criteria.
-The referees are obliged to be impartial and in contradiction of all unethical practices. Otherwise, both the scientific aptitude of the referee will be disputable, and the author will lead to false or incomplete information.
– Since the Turkish Studies-Information Technologies and Applied Sciences Journal. has the aim of demonstrating the transparency of the referee process, the names of the referees are written in the article. In this way, the referee and the author express the scientific aspects of the study. Thus, the referee and the author with their togetherness express the scientific aspects of the study.
— What should be emphasized in the study is the compatibility with the science. The world-view and ideology difference between the referee and the writer cannot be shared with the scientific or evaluation process of the paper. The world-view and ideology difference between the referee and the author cannot obfuscate the scientific or evaluation process of the paper.
-The necessity of evaluating the studies with scientific language must be observed by the referee. The author should not be subject to an offense – warning, contempt, accusation or reporting by the referee.
-Referee should have precise and direct reports of the study. Should avoid vague or impulsive expressions. Referee can not judge the nature and scientificness of the study without verifying / falsifying the report whether the referee wants to be published or not.
– The referee must evaluate the work within the time period given to him, otherwise he must resign from being referee by contacting the journal.
-Editor, initiates the referee process of the works created within the framework of the journal policy.
– To avoid the relationship between favoritism and conflict of interest during the referee process.
It mediates the application of scientific and ethical rules between the author and referees.
– Editor may directly reject or accept the work, and may demand the publication of the work or the contrary without the need of any referee report.
– It is obliged to follow the processes of the studies attained to the journal without disruption.