BEHIND EVERY SUCCESS STORY LIES A DREAM, AN IDEAL…
The success story of the International Balkan University began in 2006. The Foundation for Education and Culture “USKUP” was founded by a group of intellectuals and academicians (scholars) to establish the INTERNATIONAL BALKAN UNIVERSITY as a cultural bridge between the Balkans and Turkey, with the intent of increasing the quality level of human capital in the region.
As a provider of high-quality education, International Balkan University has adopted the mission of educating self-confident, multidimensional, socially responsible and globally competitive individuals. In addition, the university produces high-quality scientific research that will contribute to technological and economic development in the region. With this mission in mind, International Balkan University aims to become a renowned international educational institution that sees cultural diversity as an asset, and that contributes to the development and stability of the Balkans by producing the best professional individuals who are ready to compete in the workforce.
International Economic Relations ▲▲
Banking and Finance ▲
Business Administration ▲
Industrial Engineering ▲▲
Computer Engineering ▲▲
Civil Engineering ▲
Turkish Language Teaching▲
English Language Teaching ▲▲
Psychological Counseling and Guidence ▲
Administrative Law ▲
Political Sciences ▲
Clinical Psychology ▲
New Media and Communications ▲
Graphic Design ▲▲
Visual Arts ▲
Madhav Kumar Nepal – A Brief Profile
1. Known for simplicity, high thinking and a Man of Action with his fundamental consideration of promoting Nepal’s dignity, social and economic development, Madhav Kumar Nepal is a senior politician of Nepal. Born in an average Nepalese family on 6th March 1953, he started his political career at a tender age. As a student activist, he started to identify himself with the poor, downtrodden and unprivileged sections of the society and joined the Communist Party as early as 1969. He soon became a whole-time political activist and served in this position for more than 15 years (1974-1990) when the situation in Nepal was not at all conducive for any political activity due to the existence of non-party and unrepresentative Panchayat regime.
2. Mr. Nepal was so active albeit in an underground manner that he became one of three founder leaders of the Co-ordination Center and later of the Communist Party of Nepal (Marxist-Leninist) in 1975 and 1978 with his status as Politburo Member of the party. He handled the crucial assignment of the General Secretary, the principal position of the new unified party, Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxist-Leninist), CPN(UML), for as many as 15 years (1993-2008) when the country passed through a major political transition. Within the party, Mr. Nepal handled major responsibilities. He has been taking the responsibility of looking after the foreign affairs of the party many times and is also currently in charge of the department. After the momentous political change of 2008 when the country witnessed a fundamental transformation from 240 years of the archaic monarchy to the status of the Federal Democratic Republic with sovereignty fully vested in the people, he has been serving both the party and country as a senior leader and Member of Parliament.
3. Taken as one of the key leaders of the Democratic Movement of Nepal in 1990, Mr. Nepal played a fundamental role in the establishment of Multi-party Democracy. As a representative of the people, he has been in the Parliament of Nepal for the last 26 years (1991-2018 still ). As one of the few leaders to have such a coveted position, he became both the Leader of Opposition and the ruling party in Parliament.
4. So far as direct ministerial responsibility is concerned, Mr. Nepal has served twice in the Government. He took over as Deputy Prime Minister handling two major portfolios of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Defence in the first CPN (UML) government I 1994-1995 when the party was asked to handle the historic responsibility after emerging as the biggest party in the Parliament. At the most crucial period of 2009-2011, he was asked to handle the role of the 33rd Prime Minister of Nepal. When there was no party with a clear-cut majority in the elected legislature-parliament, he led the coalition government with the support of 22 out of 25 parties represented in the house. In the last decade, this is the only government that has run for a long time.
5.While he has played a major role as the architect of the Peace Process of Nepal by staking his own personal security and political career, Mr. Nepal has been instrumental in resolving a decade-long armed and violent insurgency that lasted from 1996 to 2006. He carried out numerous negotiations with the stakeholders both with the government and with the insurgents and brought the parties to the negotiating table that ultimately paved the way for a Comprehensive Peace Accord.
6.As the Prime Minister of Nepal, Mr. Nepal is remembered for his efficient handling of both domestic responsibilities and foreign affairs. He was successful in resolving the issues of ex-Maoist rebels through integration and rehabilitation. He negotiated final departures of both the United Nations Mission in Nepal (UNMIN) and OHCHR (Office of the United Nations Human Rights in Nepal) as these agencies had already completed their tasks and there was no need to continue their existence in Nepal.
7.Mr. Nepal is one of the main leaders of the Republican Movement led by Seven Parties Alliance. He suffered political incarceration as he was first put in jail by the Autocratic Panchayat regime during1975-1977. He was again arrested and kept in house custody and police detention in 2005 and 2006.
8. On the legislature front, Mr. Nepal was elected Chairman of the Constitutional (Drafting) Committee in 2009. He was a member of both the Constitution Assemblies that were elected in 2008 and 2013 respectively. He played an important role in the crucial tasks of drafting and promulgation of the new Constitution of Nepal that came into force on September 20, 2015.He also played a crucial role in the drafting of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Nepal in 1990.
9.While the accelerated social and economic transformation of Nepal is the most fundamental goal, Mr. Nepal is especially interested in issues related to Democracy, Development, Good Governance, Peace, Environment, Social Justice, Gender and Inclusiveness. Issues related to National Dignity, People’s prosperity and Livelihood are some other areas of his deep interest.
10.As Prime Minister, he is also remembered for his chairing a cabinet at Kalapaththar and issuing Sagarmatha Declaration at the foot of Mount Sagarmatha, the world’s highest peak (Mount Everest) in 2009 just before the Copenhagen Climate Change Summit of the United Nations to successfully highlight the fragile ecosystem of the Himalayas with considerable bearing on the lives of over a billion people in the region.He is the initiator for the formation of Alliance of Mountainous Countries for the Issue of Climate Change.
11.During his long and eventful career, Mr. Nepal has played crucial and important roles in national polity.
He has participated in hundreds of mass demonstrations, meetings, seminars and conferences on various socio-political and national issues inside Nepal.
12. In the International arena, he has actively taken part in more than a hundred international workshops, seminars, and conferences. He has visited about 65 countries in various parts of the world. He has contributed to further developing Nepal’s relations with other countries and helped to promote international understanding. His courageous visit to DPRK in August 2017 as the Leader of International delegates and Nepali Parliamentarians has contributed to creating a positive environment for rapport n dialogue with other countries.
13. He is involved in several national and international organizations such as International Conference of the Asian Political Parties (ICAPP) as one of founder leader and has served as a Standing Committee Member, One of founder Leader of International Association of Parliamentarian for Peace (IAPP) , Co-Chairman of International Eco-Safety and Co-operative Organization (IESCO), One of the Founder-of International Association of Parliamentarian’s for Peace (IAPP) , Honorary Chairman of Silk Road International Cooperative Organisation (SICO), Chairperson of International Buddhist Center (IBC), Patron of Himalaya Conservation Group, Member of Eminent Persons of CAPDI , Member of Red Cross Society, Chairperson of Pushpalal Memorial Foundation, Patron of Tulsilal Memorial Foundation, Patron of Rautahat Development Trust , Patron of Madan Bhandari Asian School and so on.
14. He is conferred with ICAPP Good Governance and Lifetime Excellence Award, UPF International Peace Award, International Environmental Excellent Award, and Dilli Raman Regmi Peace Award. He was also conferred Ambassador of Peace ..Awarded Visiting Professor from the Ehime University of Japan, from China—Xian’s South-West University and also from Hebei China Three Georges University.
15. Mr. Nepal is married to Gayatri Acharya and they have two children.
Copyright 2019 - International Balkan University. This website has been developed by IBU Media Center.