The International Relations Office (IRO) fosters international partnerships for transformative global opportunities and programmes. As part of IBU’ commitment to global education, IRO offers the Student Exchange Programme (SEP) and other global opportunities such as international summer programmes (i-SP), international internships (i-Intern) and international research attachment programmes (i-RAP). Embark on a journey to get exposed to the best of international community, cultures and practices beyond your boundaries.
Your overseas experience is an investment in your future and it requires careful planning, management and commitment. Underlining this importance, IBU believes that all students should have the opportunity to participate in our programmes, and has adopted a “needs blind” policy for student acceptance. This means that IRO will support you in identifying a suitable programme and funding for your overseas experience, subject to your meeting the programme’s criteria for participation, and flexibility for other considerations.
Mission & Vision
In pursuit of our goal of becoming a world-class university which is capable of fulfilling all the demands of an effective internationalization strategy;
- To develop an appropriate and sustainable internationalization strategy,
- To design and implement an international student recruitment strategy for our university,
- To actively work towards increasing the number of international students,
- To coordinate the mobility of our students, academic staff and administrative staff,
- To put into practice the standards and principles of the Bologna Process,
- To provide information on issues related to education and youth to students of IBU,
- To establish a framework within which we can obtain the maximum benefit from international programmes and projects,
- To monitor the coordination of international agreements in fields such as; international cooperation, double degree programmes and exchange programmes,
- To pursue active participation in all activities that promote our university’s involvement in the field of international cooperation,
- To publicize within our university the international facilities of our partner universities.
Our vision is to become an office which puts into practice the internationalization strategies of our university effectively and in a sustainable way, to be attuned to the new conditions of the higher education system in the field of internationalization, and to make the best contribution we can to IBU’s internationalization strategy.